Is your dog fearful, nervous or reactive with people or other dogs? This class is designed for dogs that are overwhelmed by routine triggers or events and focuses on building trust and communication between you and your dog, as well as boosting your dog’s confidence through positive reinforcement training.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Establishing a base for behavioral training that will teach you how to put calm, focused behavior on cue.
- Desensitization and counter conditioning to make positive associations with novel objects, sights, sounds, people, handling, and other dogs.
- Building interest in play and toys.
- Leash walking.
- Identifying signs of stress in your dog.
- Learning how to optimize learning with fearful dogs.
- Dog Ages: 1 year or older.
- Schedule: 6 weekly classes, 5-10 minute training exercises recommended per day
WEEK 1 - Orientation
WEEK 2 - Duration on Mat + Check-ins
WEEK 3 - Distraction on Mat + Movement and Mechanics
WEEK 4 - Distraction on Mat + Movement and Mechanics
WEEK 5: Hand Signals
WEEK 5.5: Verbal Cues
WEEK 6 & BEYOND: Training Set-ups