Training Consultation: Monday - Friday 8AM - 4PM
A consultation is $150 as a stand alone service, or included in the cost of your first training package. Please click here to review information about what to know and what to expect for the consultation.
- Takes place at Mt Woodson Training and Behavior (located outside Poway).
- Behavior evaluation
- Outlines training plan
- Overview of training format
- Approximately 1.5 - 2 hours in length
Note: Last consultation of day will be scheduled no later than 4pm, Monday - Friday. See below for cost difference for consultations and training sessions conducted on the weekend.
Private Lessons: Mon - Fri, 8AM - 4PM
5 Private Lessons is $575
Trainer Alyssa Lapinel, with her dog, Fritz.
- Takes place at Mt. Woodson Training and Behavior (located outside Poway).
- Each session is one hour in length
- You learn how to build and maintain training.
- Discusses key concepts in teaching a new behavior or modifying a concerning behavior.
- Assesses your dog’s drive and temperament, in order to expertly customize your dog’s training sessions.
- Identifies stress, frustration, over-arousal or other factors that might inhibit your dog’s ability to learn or behave in a desirable manner.
- Improves the emotional, mental and behavioral well-being of your dog.
- Looks at how to set your dog up to succeed in his/her training environment.
- Trains your dog to focus attentively on you in the presence of distractions.
Intensive behavioral training or advanced obedience training requires on-going weekly sessions. Each dog's and person's needs will vary but behavioral work typically requires a minimum commitment of 2-3 months, meeting once a week. Dogs with serious behavioral issues usually require several months of formal training.
Note: Last training session of the day will be scheduled no later than 4pm.
Weekend Consultations and Private Lessons
5 Private Lessons is $675
Stand alone consultation is $225
Consultation is included in the cost of a first time training package. Weekend appointments are limited. In-home sessions can be scheduled on a case by case basis. Same rates apply to both weekend appointment times and in-home appointments.