- Recommendations made during consultation cannot replace the benefit of formal weekly sessions. The consultation allows client and trainer to discuss dog’s general behavior patterns, environment, daily routine and training goals. A management and training plan will be offered at consultation or shortly thereafter. A consultation is not sufficient to achieve desired training results for obedience or behavior modification.
- Consultations included in cost of first package of private lessons.
- Package needs to be paid in full at consultation.
- Consultations are not included in the cost of group classes.
- Please provide detailed information concerning instances of aggressive behavior directed at people (familiar or unfamiliar) in advance of consultation. This includes barking, charging, growling and bite history. This will allow trainer to plan introduction accordingly.
- I do not advise anyone setting training up for their friend, husband, wife, child, neighbor etc.. It is important that the person that fills out the assessment form, is the same person that meets for the consult, is the same person that conducts the weekly sessions.
- For families with children under the age of 10 years of age: The consultation is designed to cover a lot of information in a relatively short period of time (dog's behavioral history, training goals, and training plan). While I try to cover all necessary information in 1.5 hours, it's very common for consults to run over that allotted time. I highly recommend scheduling the consultation at a time that kids are at school or are otherwise supervised and/or entertained. Consultations require 100% focus, please plan accordingly.
- Cancellation Policy: Forty eight hour notice is needed prior to cancellation of consultation. Notice beyond 48 hours is greatly appreciated to facilitate scheduling other clients that may be waiting for an appointment time.
- Encourage clients to browse through Legends Dog Training's YouTube channel and training blog prior to meeting for the consultation. These videos and articles showcase the training methodology and/or results achieved through Legends' training programs. Stay up to date on new videos and blogs by following Legends Dog Training on Facebook. Let me know if you decide to follow and subscribe, it's very much appreciated.